Entries Tagged 'Google +' ↓
October 16th, 2013 — Google +
For many, Google+ is a bit of an enigma.
They know they should be using it (after all, it is from Google so it’s got to be beneficial), but have no idea how to use it.
Brian Clark of Copyblogger just happens to be in one of my Google+ circles and one of his updates caught my eye.
He was talking about a post on his blog that offers 64 Google+ content strategies through a fantastic infographic, so I thought I’d share it with you here:
The post also offers 10 tips for effective Google+ing, such as:
- Link Google+ to your blog
- Build strategic networks with circles
- Offer live video chat with Hangouts
- User hashtags to make your posts search friendly
- Link to your blog posts to rank higher in Google+ and Google search
- Use ripples to add influencers to your cirlces
- Write long posts inside Google+
- Use direct connect so people can add you to circles from Google search
- Use tags to reach out to people and brands
- Display your photo in Google search results
Have a play with it.
Like this infographic? Grab a proven framework for content marketing that works from Copyblogger.
March 30th, 2012 — Google +
If, like me, you’re still fumbling around with Google+, not entirely sure how it can help your business, take a look at this cool infographic that I discovered on the lovely Chris Brogan’s blog.
Image created by BlueGlass.
February 24th, 2012 — Google +
Keeping up with the social media revolution is difficult.
It seems as though no sooner have you got your head round one platform, another one appears.
I’m still finding Google+ a bit of an enigma – if you’re in the same boat, take a few minutes out of your day to check out the post on SocialMediaExaminer (link below).
In it, there is an interview with Chris Brogan who shares how Google+ can help small businesses and tells all about the strategies he uses to get business leads.
During the video you’ll discover:
- Why Google+ changes everything
- How to get your content indexed quickly
- Discover Chris Brogan’s Google+ strategy
- How Human Business Works uses Google+ to get business leads
- Why you should share personal stories on Google+
- How to show potential clients who you are
- What content strategy to use on Google+
- How businesses can use Google+ Circles for both outbound marketing and lead generation
- When to choose Google+ privacy settings
- How Chris uses Twitter differently than Google+
Ready to learn more?
Discover how Small Businesses Can Thrive With Google+
February 1st, 2012 — Google, Google +, Google algorithms, Google search
Google’s constantly changing its algorithms to keep us on our toes. But the latest change to its search results is probably the most drastic yet.
“Search Plus Your World” will find content that has been shared with you privately along with matches from the public web, all mixed into a single set of listings, according to a recent post that appeared on Searchengineland.com.
At the moment it will only happen for those signed-in to Google.com and searching in English. For some it will make life a lot easier; however for others, it raises concerns about privacy. Although the private content remains just that, private, it may make the content more visible to friends and family.
Of course, Google’s search has been personalised for some time now, in fact since 2005, and has evolved constantly since then:
What will the new search method mean?
Your new personalised results will include:
- Listings from the web (general)
- Listings from the web (in relation to your personal behaviour)
- Listings from the web (in relation to your social connections)
- Public Google+ posts, photos or Google Picasa photos
- Private or limited Google+ posts, photos or Google Picasa photos shared with you
You search results will show you the number of personal results and the number of other results. Plus, a new button will appear on the right of your results that will enable you to toggle between your personalised and non-personalised results.
For more information about these changes, take a look at the full article and find out why Google’s results will get more personal with “Search Plus Your World.”
October 28th, 2011 — Google +
A short while ago I wrote a post directing to you to Christ Brogan’s videos about how to get started with Google+.
Well, as with all social media platforms, Google+ is changing fast. If you’re like me, you’ve probably managed to upload your profile and make a few connections, but that’s about all.
When it comes to circles and the such like, I’m still rather in the dark. I find it’s just another social media platform to get my head round that I really don’t have time for.
Well, if you’re like me and could really do with some more help in getting to grips with it all, take a look at this post (click on the image below) from socialmediaexaminer.com.
Grab a coffee and head over there to read about:
Thanks guys, what would be do without you!