Everyone knows video marketing is amazing:
- It can add the wow factor to your online presence
- It will set you apart from everyone else
- It offers a ‘face’ behind the brand
- It’s a great way to explain complex ideas in a simple way
- There’s a good chance it could go viral, boosting your exposure online exponentially
That’s all great, but what happens in your organisation when you decide to put a video together?
Probably one of the first things is to find yourself a good video marketing company who can help turn your vision into a winning video. But how do you come up with your vision in the first place?
Too make cooks…
If you are a large company, the chances are you’ll have a team of people involved in the project.
There’ll be someone to lead and coordinate everything and then several others who will all have a say in what happens.
But what happens when someone, who has his or her own agenda, hijacks your team?
Before you get started it’s vital you all agree on:
- Who your target audience are
- What they want to know
- How it will be conveyed to them
- What the theme of your video will be
- Whether it will be animated, voice over, using an actor, interviewing members of staff etc.
- How long it will be
…and that you stick to your ideas.
It’s very easy to get carried away. Creating a new video is exciting stuff, but that can lead to random ideas being thrown about that end up taking your project off course resulting in a video that one team member loves, but everyone else (including your audience) hates.
If it becomes apparent that someone is driving the project off course, stop.
Go back to your original outline and ask yourself:
- Will this appeal to our target market?
- Is it addressing their needs?
- Is it conveying the message we want to get across?
If the answer to any of those is ‘no’, it’s time to steer the project back on course.
When putting a video together it’s essential you have a goal and that you stick to it.
Don’t be afraid to speak up if you can see things heading off track. The video exists to promote your business not the egos within it.
As a complete aside, we thought you’d like to take a look at our latest video. Our aim was to show our audience the benefits of using the services of a professional copywriter – what do you think?